USER TIP: This is a 12 slide presentation – hover over the image and click on the arrows at the bottom left of the image to move through the slides.washington-port-districts-presentation-9-15-16-ukc
Port of Walla Walla Accomplishments (Update)
The Port has had a positive economic impact on Walla Walla County since its inception in 1952. This success is a direct result of supportive citizens, local governments, and private sector business. Periodically, the Port surveys those businesses that have received direct assistance from the Port to help determine its ongoing contribution to the economic health of Walla Walla County. Below is the results of our latest survey.
- Full-time 4,610
- Part-time 1,160
- Port assisted business represents 21.8% of Walla Walla County’s Total Labor Force
- $111 Million Annually
- $5.9 million per year
- 5 out of the top 10 largest taxpayers in Walla Walla County are Port assisted businesses
- Over 15.8% of all property taxes collected in Walla Walla County comes from Port assisted companies
- For every dollar ($1.00) the Port receives in taxpayer support (2015 $1,894,188), businesses assisted by the Port will pay more than Five dollars and twelve cents ($5.12) in property taxes.
- Only 16% of the revenue to operate the Port is derived from local property taxes