Following are the original signature gathering guidelines
UKC Port District Petition, Guidelines
- All signers must be registered to vote within the boundaries of UKC District Court. If the signer is unsure, their court district is listed on their Voter ID card. Lots of folks aren’t registered at all, but may be before signatures are certified, so get them anyway.
- This is a petition ONLY to put the measure on the November ballot…not a vote for the measure.
- The narrative on the petition is sufficient to explain about the details of the measure. Be careful not to expand the narrative if you are not sure of your comment.
- You should point out that the county will create a county-wide port at some point, if we don’t do this now. And we will lose local control over how the money is spent.
- We have until 2020 to take advantage of the opportunity Washington State has provided through the Revised Code of Washington (RCWs) that are listed on the petition. It will be 2018 before any funds are collected.
- Please return all signed petitions to Wapiti Office. We keep a log of petitioners and the number of petitions they took. Primarily to help keep the message consistent and gather some statistics.
UKCPD Task Team