Author-Contributor-Editor Roles Description
MyAroundTown.com uses a concept of Roles, designed to give the publisher the ability to control and assign what users can and cannot do in the portal. The publisher can manage and allow access to such functions as writing and editing posts, creating Pages, defining links, creating categories, moderating comments, managing plugins, managing themes, and managing other users.
Summary of Roles
- Administrator – Somebody who has access to all the administration features
- Editor – Somebody who can publish and manage posts and pages as well as manage other users’ posts, etc.
- Author – Somebody who can publish and manage their own posts
- Contributor – Somebody who can write and manage their posts but not publish them
- Subscriber – Somebody who can only manage their profile