Submit or self post an article to MyAroundTown.com for publication consideration.
First of all … Our Basic Submission Policy
We want to offer the citizens of Upper Kittitas County a place where people discuss and debate the issues in such a manner as to foster a stronger community. We built this site for you. Please take care of it. Tolerate broad thinking, but take action against obscene or hateful material and resist ranting. Make it a credible and safe place worth preserving and sharing.
We will post all sides of the political spectrum and issues of Upper Kittitas County while taking a strong stand against abuse. The Publishers
MyAroundTown.com is looking for freelance submissions. Send us your own story/category ideas, or select from our list of suggestions. Even better, sign up in the form below to receive monthly story/category ideas directly to your inbox! Please direct your ideas and submissions to: email@example.com
Please include any relevant information that you would like to share with us – such as areas that interest you, organizations you participate in (or would like to), or even your resume.
Please take time to familiarize yourself with MyAroundTown.com to learn about our basic desire to bring Upper Kittitas County businesses and community together. We feel very strongly that we can favorably influence the economy in our community by discovering the unique features of our businesses and the potential closeness of our citizens. We can create our own economic stimulus package
Please submit only original content. Breach of copyright or plagiarism will not be permitted. MyAroundTown.com will retain first publication rights and the right to reuse or modify content. As a volunteer-staff writer we will link your published submission back to your own website if you have one. Carefully read the terms of service before submitting material.
Application Promoting your Story Idea:
- Your story idea preliminary submission should be no more than 200 words in length and explain why the editor and the readers of MyAroundTown.com would be interested in your topic.
- Show us why you, particularly, should contribute this article. Take into account background information, current involvement or proven interest.
Approved Content will be:
- Relevant and interesting to our target community, as defined in MyAroundTown.com Editorial Philosophy.
- Covers topics that interest an Upper Kittitas County audience.
After Approval Notice send us your writing that is:
- Creative and diverse: the work is hopefully applicable to more than one group of people and the article clearly demonstrates the “why and how” of your submission.
- Sincere, straightforward and honest content. Tone reflects mood of story accurately.
- Narrative-like: distinct from news or opinion.
- Unbiased: regardless of your own beliefs.
- Correct spelling and grammar: make sure to proofread and carefully edit your own work.
- Evidence of connections and sources: quotations, references, links are vital to a good article.
Before you submit your work to MyAroundTown.com, check off these final items.
- Send your article as a Word .doc file.
- Include original art or screen shots separately. (a zip file is fine)
- Include a brief one or two-sentence bio statement. If you don’t mind readers contacting you, this can include a blog or e-mail address.
- If you are referencing external content such as web sites, please provide correct URLs in the document. Embedded hyperlinks are unacceptable.
- We consider the copy you send in for publication to be final. If you need to submit revisions, please receive permission first.
To communicate with our staff fill use the automatic submission form below: