Help us share what’s important to you and our Upper Kittitas County Community by being a contributing Free Lance Editor or Author.
First Step … Our Basic Submission Policy:
We want to offer the citizens of Upper Kittitas County a place where people discuss and share information and debate the issues in such a manner as to foster a stronger Upper County community. We built this site for you. Please take care of it. Tolerate broad thinking, but take action against obscene or hateful material and resist ranting. Make it a credible and safe place worth preserving and sharing.
We will post all sides of the political spectrum and issues of Upper Kittitas County while taking a strong stand against abuse. The Publishers
Second Step … Submit or self post an article to MyAroundTown.com for publication consideration.
- Tell us how to communicate with you. Include your name, daytime phone number(s), Email address and your preferred method of contact.
- Help us sort things out. Include the category(s) of posts or articles you are interested in submitting on the first page of your submission. (“Around Upper County”, “Computer Corner”, “Gardening” or a new Category that you have in mind)
- Email us your submission with the following subject line:
Free Lance Submission for MyAroundTown.com
- How to go digital. If you’d like to Email your photos, use a 3.2-megapixel (or better) camera set for the highest picture quality and attach photos as JPEG files. For existing photos attach as JPEG files.
- We receive lots of mail, so it may take a while for us to publish your submission, story or photo. So be patient and don’t worry – we’ll let you know if we publish it. More than likely we’ll even want to communicate with you about your submission – so don’t be surprised if you get a call or Email from a MyAroundTown.com Editor or even our Senior Editor.
- Read the fine print. By submitting material for publication, you grant MyAroundTown, its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners and licensees use of the material, including your name, hometown and state. We may modify, reproduce and distribute it in any medium and in any manner or appropriate place. We may contact you via phone, E-mail or mail regarding your submission.
- Send your contributions to us in Cle Elum: firstname.lastname@example.org or mail disks or flash drives to MyAroundTown, PO 727, Cle Elum, WA 98922
For Easy Submission of your material by self posting or requests for information, fill out the form at the bottom of this page.
A closer look at what our Senior Editor likes to see in submissions.
- MyAroundTown.com is looking for freelance submissions that involve people in our community. Send us your own story/category ideas, or select from our list of suggestions. Even better, sign up here and request to receive monthly story/category ideas directly to your in box! Please direct your ideas and submissions to: email@example.com
- Please include any relevant information that you would like to share with us – such as areas that interest you, organizations you participate in (or would like to), or even your resume.
- Please take time to familiarize yourself with MyAroundTown.com to learn about our basic desire to bring Upper Kittitas County businesses and community together. We feel very strongly that we can favorably influence the economy in our community by discovering the unique features of our businesses and the potential closeness of our citizens. We can create our own economic stimulus package
- Please submit only original content. Breach of copyright, plagiarism, inappropriate or degrading content will not be permitted. We have a strict “zero tolerance policy” on this. MyAroundTown.com will retain first publication and editing rights, and the right to reuse or modify content. As a volunteer-staff writer we will link your published submission back to your own website if you have one. Carefully read the terms of service before submitting material.
Submission and Content Coaching Promoting your Story Idea:
- Your story idea preliminary submission should be no more than 200 words in length and explain why the editor and the readers of MyAroundTown.com would be interested in your topic.
- If you would like, show us why you, particularly, should contribute this article. Take into account background information, current involvement or proven interest.
Approved Content will most likley be:
- Relevant and interesting to our community, as defined in MyAroundTown.com Editorial Philosophy.
- Covers topics that interest an Upper Kittitas County audience.
After Approval Notice send us your on-going submissions/writing that is:
- Creative and diverse: the work is hopefully applicable to more than one group of people and the article clearly demonstrates the “why and how” of your submission.
- Sincere, straightforward and honest content. Tone reflects mood of story accurately.
- Narrative-like: distinct from news or opinion.
- Unbiased: regardless of your own beliefs.
- Correct spelling and grammar: make sure to proofread and carefully edit your own work.
- Evidence of connections and sources: quotations, references, links are vital to a good article.
Before you submit your work to MyAroundTown.com, check off these final items.
- Send your article as a Word .doc file.
- Include original art or screen shots separately. (a zip file is fine)
- Include a brief one or two-sentence bio statement. If you don’t mind readers contacting you, this can include a blog or e-mail address.
- If you are referencing external content such as web sites, please provide correct URLs in the document. Embedded hyperlinks are unacceptable.
- We consider the copy you send in for publication to be final. If you need to submit revisions, please receive permission first.
For Easy Submission of your material by self posting or requests for information, fill out the form below.