THE DAY AFTER THANKSGIVING … things get ….
Roslyn’s Third Annual Ugly Christmas Sweater Jamboree!
- HOPE GALLERY – Make Ugly Christmas Sweater Shrinky Dinks for free! (4pm to 7pm)
- BLANFORD LAW – Blanford Law turns into Santa’s Workshop for one night only! Come look through the windows of Santa’s workshop and see Santa at work. Enjoy gingerbread cookies from 509 Bakery. Cool Christmas Sun Glasses to the first 60 children! Drawing for 4 loge tickets to Roslyn Theatre and a tub of popcorn!
- KITCHENSINK – Complimentary wine tasting of two highly rated, award winning wines from Woodward Canyon.
- ROSLYN GROCERY – Cooking demo and sampling, plus a guess the snowball count contest for a $50 gift certificate
- RED BIRD CAFÉ – Yummy fruit pie cookie and a cup of hot mulled wine/spiced cider/coffee or cocoa for five bucks.
- CHRISTMAS TREE LIGHTING at the 5:30
- MAGGIE’S PANTRY – Drawing to win a set of Ugly Christmas Sweater Christmas cards designed by From Roslyn with Love.
- ROSLYN HERBS – Green Friday SALE!!!
- GYPSY AND JAMES- Enjoy complimentary nibbles and beverages! Plus a drawing for one of the Gypsy and James Christmas pillows!
- WHOLE PET – FREE Doggy Bags (samples/gift cert, etc) and a drawing for a basket. Check out the giving tree to benefit ARRF.
- THE BRICK SALOON – $2 OFF Burgers for those donning an Ugly Christmas Sweater!
- CHRISTMAS TRUCKS – scheduled to make a cruise through Roslyn to light up the town sometime between 5PM and 8PM. These
vehicles are gussied up and feast for the eyes.
- HERITAGE DISTILLING – This family friendly venue is open and ready for your visit. Be sure to stop by and pick up a free raffle ticket, sip some whisky and welcome them to town.
Ugly Christmas Sweater Frequently Asked Questions:
“I THINK MY SWEATER IS CUTE. WHY IS IT CONSIDERED UGLY?”
Well, my friend, beauty is in the eye of the beholder and ugly is a strong word, but if your holiday attire is corny, dated, garish, hokey or TOO-frickin-cute, chances are it will qualify for an UCS. Also, if you blend in with a Christmas tree or you look like you’re wearing a festive tablecloth, you’ve got yourself a UCS. In addition, sweaters that illustrate an elaborate Christmas scene or convey a Christmas message with stuffed characters or animals sewn onto them are classic UCS. There is also the offensive and vulgar UCS which takes the point to an extreme, but to each his own.
“I DON’T KNOW HOW TO KNIT, CAN I STILL ATTEND THE JAMBOREE?”
Seriously? No need to get out the knitting needles. Grab a glue gun, an old sweatshirt and let your imagination run wild. Adorn any top with ornaments, feathers and trinkets of all kinds. OR do a little thrift shopping. I’m sure you’ll find something at Second Time Around in Cle Elum. I found one in my mom’s closet. She wasn’t happy when I exclaimed, “OH! An Ugly Christmas Sweater!” but it’s a classic.
This is close up of the actual sweater: