Brought To You By
PO 727, Cle Elum
206.618.1301 cell/text – 509.674.9619 office
12 Weeks of 2017 Holiday Marketing in
Kittitas County – 2
Week 2: Common Business Sense Before Christmas
- Be sure your Winter and holiday business hours are up to date on Google Maps, Yelp, etc.
- Get your readers and followers into the holiday spirit with a splash of fall colors and maybe a little winter across your social media and email marketing campaigns.
- Company morale is key this time of year – your employees are working hard during a season where working hard is hard to do! Have a desk or work station decorating contest at work or do a little cubicle surprise Thanksgiving gift.
- Bring the festivities into the office. Discuss your end of year strategies in style as you talk about the “tricks” of the season and the “treats” of being proactive with your end-of-year business strategy.
- Be found! Make sure your products are searchable (an all year round project) by mentioning your featured products in popular Gift Guides, blog posts, and having correct keywords and tags for every new addition to your e-commerce setup. Take advantage of those, “Top Gift Ideas…” long-tail keywords.
Remember to Use Your Social Media – but don’t be a pest
Nationally promoted days like “Plaid Friday”, “Black Friday “and “Small Business Saturday” are focused on bringing foot traffic through your doors, you don’t want to neglect your social media connections:
- Start early to be sure to get lots of good pictures of your store and merchandise displays on your website and Facebook page in preparation for the big event. Pictures of smiling customers and employees enjoying themselves can create a contagious feeling of joy that may spread to your customers and encourage them to visit.
- Ask customers who are dressed for the holiday if they would allow you to place them in your online media. (selfies wok great here). These can be used to create a personal touch throughout the season.
- Offer a discount or promotion – subscription on all of your e-Media to anyone who will subscribe to your business information. This can be done in almost all platforms including aps on your; Facebook, Google; Constant Contact, Website, SMS VIP Text Marketing, & Other Social media.
Small businesses can easily skip Black Friday and still remain competitive by applying the same principles to Small Business Saturday. You can cash in on the growing anti-Black Friday sentiments of people who have begun to feel cheated by the increasingly structured nature of the event at big stores. And simultaneously you can capture the lingering enthusiasm of those who still enjoy the day but aren’t ready for it to end by offering them a scaled-down, more intimate version on Saturday.
Want help with marketing concepts or possibilities in Kittitas County? Have questions? Call or email me for a no obligation discussion of your e-Media marketing.
November 2017 Themes Infographic